NOTA funds a wide variety of worthwhile projects. Here is a partial list of some of our more recent grants:
- Cripple Creek Theatre presentation of “The Cradle Will Rock.”
- UNO “The Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo.”
- Ben Franklin High School “Is There Life After High School?”
- Two new original operas: “ee me and pollack thee” which was presented at the New Orleans Fringe Festival, and “Freedom Ride” which debuted at Lounge Vue House and Garden.
- KIDsmART for its art-in-the-schools programs.
- The Broadway Theatre Connection to support its summer workshop.
- The New Orleans Jazz Celebration to sponsor the “Jazz at the Sandbar” series of performances.
- NOMA/NOLA Project, “Robin Hood: Thief, Brigand,” and “Don Quixote.”
- Moscow Nights for its production of “Facade.”
- Tennessee Williams Festival Tribute Reading
- UNO Endowed Professorship in Theatrical Arts
- Goat in the Road Productions for its Play/Write program
- WWII Museum to present “Brundibar.”
- Dancing Grounds to support “Dancing for Social Change.”
The New Orleans Theater Association (NOTA) is a 501c3 organization whose mission is the provide grants and other services.
Download a Grant Application for more information about our grant program or to apply for a grant.