The New Orleans Theatre Association (NOTA) is a 501c3 organization whose mission is the provide grants and other services to support cultural, educational and arts based organizations and to promote and develop skills and abilities in the fields of music, dance and theatre.
NOTA seeks to support and help fund programs in the New Orleans community that focus on a broad scope of arts related initiatives. Eligible projects may include:
- Panel discussions, lectures, workshops for the general public or other groups.
- Educational training for young people and members of the local theatre community
- Direct funding for theatrical productions sponsored by qualifying organizations
- Funding for musical equipment, costuming and other production needs.
- Other cultural ares projects of special interest in NOTA
Grant distribution budgets will vary from year to year based on the decision of the Board of Directors. NOTA typically awards between 10 and 12 grants per year. Most grants are in the $1,000 – $10,000 range, however, there is no pre-set maximum amount for an award. NOTA will strongly favor grants to organizations which match our funding with their own.
The NOTA Board of Directors will award grants based on the applications process outlined below. Innovative, non-traditional and interdisciplinary projects are encouraged.
NOTA Board Of Directors
Michael S. Mitchell President
Kirk Feldmann Vice-President
Angie Gates Secretary
Lake Douglas Treasurer
Eric Hess Director of Development